Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies

Yesterday Sawyer looked at Harrison while he was blowing raspberries and said "Aren't we so lucky to have Harrison?" I agreed because we are so very lucky to have him. He's just wonderful and we all are crazy about him.


Today, Sawyer woke up and wanted to make cookies to take for snack to share with his friends. So, in between loads of laundry on laundry day - we made our new favorite oatmeal chocolate chip cookies. Sawyer did almost all of the dumping of ingredients and he licked the beater. YUM! (Added bonus, they only contain 1/4 cup white sugar!)





Adding the eggs:




The oats go in!





The best part!




Checking out the final dough:















Aren't we so lucky to have Sawyer? YES! he loves his brothers, he loves to hug, kiss and cuddle. He's a wonderful little man - we are SO lucky. Now, I have to go pick him up from school! (Only 8 more school days until he's a kindergardner!)

Here are a couple of photos of Thing 1. It seems like there are few pictures of him unless he has his baseball uniform (or whatever sport he's currently participating in) on. And, I do have a few of those that are interesting, but I digress. He likes to occasionally wear his hair spiked up with blue gel.





Playing catcher on Monday night against the Braves:



This concludes todays photo montage of our day/week. Hopefully you've enjoyed it - I did! (It's only taken me 8 hours to actually finish this -- and now I must switch load number 9 of laundry)

3 comments:

Kara said...

I would like the recipe for the cookies. Send it my way when you get a chance.

Anne said...

We made oatmeal cookies today too!Only ours turned out just okay. We tried to go healthier with them (wheat flour, honey instead of sugar, raisins)so they weren't as good as our normal cookies. Yours sound much better!

McLeodx5 said...

i love the photo montage!