Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Can you believe that?

After a great weekend, we're settling back into normal life. Saturday and Sunday were spent maxing and relaxing. LOVE that. We watched Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom on Saturday night (until the DVD player decided not to work - again!) while enjoying another pizza picnic. (This has quickly become a McG family favorite.)

Yesterday, we drove down to Ramona and dined at Ramona Lisa with Gini, Ricky and Christie. Then, we went to their house for dessert and play time. Good fun.

Today, while Andy was driving home, he did a tally. A tally of how many cars he's had possession of in his life time. As you probably don't know, Andy is buying another car as we speak. We already have a 2007 Camry Hybrid that Andy drives back and forth to work, I drive a 2008 Toyota Sienna and soon Andy will be the proud owner of a 2007 Toyota Prius. A garage cleaning is in order because it seems like we should be able to at least get two of our cars in our three car garage. We'll see how that goes.

Anyway, here is the ever expanding list of Andy's cars:
  • 1978 Chevrolet Malibu Classic
  • 1990 Pontiac Grand (Am)
  • 1999 Toyota Tacoma
  • 2000 Toyota Solara*
  • 2001 (grey) Toyota Camry*
  • 1996 Jeep Grand Cherokee
  • 2001 Toyota Tacoma
  • 2002 (blue) Camry*
  • 1996 Toyota 4Runner
  • 2003 Toyota Matrix
  • 1995 Mazda Protoge
  • 2002 Toyota Sequoia*
  • 2004 Toyota Corolla
  • 1990 Jeep Wrangler
  • 2005 Toyota Solara convertible
  • 2007 (white) Camry Hybrid
  • 2008 Toyota Sienna*
  • the not yet purchased 2007 Toyota Prius

For those of you not keeping track, Andy is 32 years of age. He's been driving for 16 years. He drove the Grand Am for 5-6 years -- you do the math. (Disclaimer: I did primarily drive some of these vehicles and they have an asterisk after them. But, even if they were *my* car, Andy can still claim them, as he did still drive them probably 25% of the time - plus - they were/are in his name from work) Also, in case you were wondering, my first car was a 1988 Ford Escort and I drove that until 1996 when I got the 1995 Toyota Tercel that I drove until 1999 when I got the red Solara.

You're all probably slumped over asleep in your chair, completely bored from our reminiscing. Count yourself lucky though, because if I had all of the pictures on this computer I would post all of those!

Anyway, that is all for today. I was not able to volunteer in class today because Sawyer was feeling under the weather. But, we did go to his last tee ball practice and I will attend bunko tonight. Can't wait to see my friends but I can wait to toss the dice...

0 comments: