Sunday, August 17, 2008

USA!

We've been having lots of fun watching the Olympics for the past week. We've watched gymnastics (yay for Shawn Johnson. Just can't hide that Iowa pride!), Swimming (whoa!), water polo (insanely brutal!), basketball and more. The boys were glued to fencing!

Campbell has been deciding what his sport in the olympics is going to be. He's got it narrowed down to "fencing, soccer, basketball, maybe swimming and no way it will be water polo."

Last night we had dinner out our friends house and watched the Olympics. As we all (11 of us!) watched Michael Phelps win his 8th medal (WOW!) we watched our 4 boys cheer for his and the team's victory. All 4 big boys, aged 7-5 sat on the ottoman, bounced up and down, and shouted "USA, USA, USA!!" until the race was over. I hope they always remember the excitement and fun of that. It was a wonderful sight to watch and I know it's not something I will soon forget.

Off to Disneyland today!

0 comments: