Wednesday, August 6, 2008

9 months old

"This is the time to remember 'cause it will not last forever. These are the days to hold onto. Cause we won't although we'll want to. This is the time, but time is going to change." -Billy Joel

That is an odd lyric in thinking about the baby -- because I certainly feel that way. But, I also so clearly have a vision of walking from class in the library (Bob Boynton!) with Liz and our "friend" Sean Gorman to the IMU. It was cold, grey and windy and we were having one of our usual silly conversations - more than likely about redeeming qualities or some other such nonsense. I realized at the time how wonderful of a time in our lives that was and how lucky we were. I am so glad that I have the ability to see how wonderful things are at the time -- even if they are sometimes not as perfect as the world might like them to be. To me, they are the best of times.

I stayed up too late last night and now I'm quite tired. I edited a few pictures, I wrote a bit here for all of you to read...that takes it's toll when the baby wakes up a bit after 6 am. And I take the boys to the pool in the morning. Then, they have Cameron over for a playdate and we have to go to the PTA meeting after that. Then, some other friends come over for a playdate. Then, after dinner we babysit a couple of other friends at the pool for a while. Whew. Now, I'm *really* tired. Good night!

Nah! I have to wail to someone about how this baby has roughly now been with us for as long as he was inside of me. Wah! Then, think about where he'll be 9 months from now. I take that back, I'm not thinking about it.

After the day I had (exhausting, because don't forget - it's Wednesday, laundry day! I know you've been thinking about *THAT* all day) I took no good pictures, dangit. I had hoped for a great session with the baby. Okay, all I really hoped for was one or two great ones that scream "9months old". Oh, I got one that screams 9 months old, all right. I got this:

Yup, that is usually how I see him anyway. Crawling away from me.

Tomorrow is a new day, a day for bowling and lunch with friends. Only 6 more days until school starts.


0 comments: