Saturday, July 5, 2008

July 4!

This is one of those weekends that I just love. I love three day weekends - heck, I love any day that Andy stays home from work! I love hanging out and having fun - I love when the kids are doing fun activites!

Yesterday we started the day lounging, then the bigger boys wanted to swim in the backyard pool. We took the cover off, suited up and jumped in. Even the baby got in on the action, he sat in his little turtle and splashed away -- it was really fun!

Our friend Katty and her neighbors were having a block party for the 4th - so we headed over there for a little afternoon/evening fun. Fun was an understatement. There was a GIANT waterslide and a blowup (bouncy) slip and slide. We hardly saw the boys for 4 hours while they played and played and played. (We did see them for some eats. There were a couple of neighborhood dogs prowling around looking for a bite. One of them that we dubbed MOOSE cleaned Sawyer's plate! It was pretty funny, even to Sawyer.) By the time we left they were completely worn out! We left in time for Andy and Cam to go see some fireworks (Sawyer wasn't feeling well! Poor guy) but Cam decided that he was too tired for that.
If you can believe it, I didn't take my camera to the party. In some ways it was really nice just living in the moment and not recording every single activity. But, I'm still fairly sad that I don't have any smiley, happy fourth of July photos to share!
Todays fun: the beach! In a couple of hours we're off to Corona Del Mar with friends.

0 comments: