Tuesday, July 29, 2008

earth shaking

"It is not light that we need, but fire; it is not the gentle shower, but thunder. We need the storm, the whirlwind, and the earthquake." -- Frederick Douglass

We had a little rumble today, in case you spent the day under a rock. Pretty much immediately this news was splashed all over - including CNN. Pretty much everyone under the sun was immediately sensationalizing the story and making jokes about it. We felt it, I saw the evidence of the garage door, the van and the pool all rocking. (Pretty much in that order)

Luckily though, I'd already been through a 4.7 with an epicenter about 1.5 miles from my front door. So, this 5.8 from about 20 miles away (that is a guess of mileage) seemed a little more mild. Still a bit freaky though!

In as big of news, it's official! Harrison is crawling! It's off to a slow start but, like everything else, he's getting bigger faster than I like. He doesn't crawl across the room or anything, but he will go a foot or two at a time. One would think I would have considered getting a gate. Eh, all in due time, I suppose.

No pictures today...sad, but true. I mean, I have a life!

1 comments:

Emily S. said...

yay/scary on the crawling! I think mine is close...

Glad the earthquake didn't cause mucho damage.

:)