Yesterday I was reminiscing. I was working on the GOOD BYE JERSEY layout last night and as I went through the 30+ photos I was thinking about life there, about all of the good things that were in New Jersey. While we were there it was definitely hard to see the good. We knew we had lots to be thankful for, but it didn't feel like home.
There are a lot of funny pictures in the bunch - like the Ice Factory. Andy and I never understood that place - a whole store in LANDING devoted to ice?! Weird. The picture of Cam, Sawyer, Hayden and Max is funny - mostly because last night Sawyer asked me why Cam was laughing in the picture. I said I didn't know, and Sawyer replied it was because Hayden had pulled his pants down. That is EXACTLY what had happened and I can't believe he remembers that. That did happen 7 months ago.
The collage includes a picture of Campbell with Mrs. Banta and Mrs. Stadelman - and Sawyer didn't remember either one of them. Sad because he loved Mrs. Banta and she him. And when we moved, she teared up talking about how she wouldn't get to have him in class. Love that woman.
There is a photo of Fishkin's house -- feels like home to us. And a picture of Sammi and Rebecca. We'd spent a long afternoon together, having a picnic and playing sports in the baseball field. Such a good day.
Today both boys have a little cold - mostly just coughs. Cam took a nap and decided to sleep on the shelf area of his bed. A tiny space, to be sure - and he mentioned that he was pretty squished. You think?
Moms Night Out tonight -- just me, some friends and a bottle of 2 buck Chuck.
Monday, January 22, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


0 comments:
Post a Comment