Friday, September 2, 2011

day 2

Starting out today I wasn't very hopeful. I was sure that we had already seen our house. I was positive that either the 2 laundry room house or the house with the amazing mud room was going to be the house our boys remembered as their childhood home. But, we were still seeing a few more houses, despite my doubts about them.

We turned into one of our favorite subdivisions to see two houses that were next door to each other. The first one was a little smaller but was also a lot less expensive. I was sure it was not for us. But, you know what? It was awesome. There was a huge level backyard, a beautiful eat in kitchen and really nice spaces. It also had a wonderful screened in porch we loved.

Yes, there's wallpaper. But, it's removable. Once removed, there would be one really lovely kitchen.

After this we walked next door. We loved it. So much so that I knew this would be the one for us. In fact, we placed an offer this afternoon and we're waiting to hear back!

A short drive away was a lovely home in a golf community. It was really cute from the outside and had some super finishes inside that we really liked. The real problem was the house really only had 3 bedrooms plus a office and bonus room. Unfortunately, that doesn't really work for us.

So, we went back to the subdivision we'd been in before this home. This time, another smaller and less expensive home. This time, a home that had been left in a less than good shape. Even though it would take a little work, it was a nice house.

Look that that view from the windows above the tub! Now, you'd have to cover them to not give the neighborhood a show -- but still lovely!

0 comments: