Tuesday, September 2, 2008

NO photos!

Can you believe it? I have some events to share but not a single photo was taken. Embarassing, I know. I actually can't believe that I didn't break out the camera AT ALL. OH well, you'll have to use your imagination!

Friday was a marathon day. Campbell stayed home from school sick with both a virus of some sort and a spider bite. He was pretty pathetic. Luckily for us, the misery only seemed to last 24 hours. We were off the hook by the time we met UNCLE GARY for dinner on Friday night. Campbell chose Anchos for dinner. Apparently he really only wanted to go there because we took Ma and Papa there. I really wanted to go there for the warm, homemade tortillas.

We had great fun with Gary - Harrison refused to look at him. We even turned his highchair so he was forced to. Nope, he managed to divert his eyes. Crazy baby.

I was then off to bunko -- what great fun that was. You never know what you're going to get with bunko, but I'd had a hunch that we were going to have good times. We were picked up in the "party bus" (a RV) and driven to Temecula (45 minutes away) to Katie's house. We played our game, ate, drank almond champagne and toured her horse farm. Then, we returned home by the same RV. On the way home, some of us fun loving gals crammed into the bed in the back. Not only was that fun -- but it was wildly bumpy. I had no idea. (I also had never even been in a RV before. I had managed to make it through 32 years without stepping into one of these wonders. I don't really want one, but it was still interesting)

Saturday was a gathering at my Aunt Gini's house (Cam and Sawyer's favorite place on earth), Sunday was dinner and Madden '09 with friends (okay, no Madden for me. But, I was amazed by how incredibly real those dudes look. and all that snow in Chicago. BRRRRRRR....). Yesterday we headed back to Disneyland. WOOOHOOOOOO. Love Disneyland, love California Adventure. Nothing better. (I am looking forward to going back next weekend during the birthday weekend extravaganza!)

This week we're back in full swing and I will have some photos to share. We're back to volunteering in class, soccer, soccer and soccer. (Games start next weekend!)

1 comments:

Amelia said...

almond champagne? yum.