I know, I know. It's been a few days. I told various friends and family I would write about Ellen. My apologies. I've been busy. And honestly, I'd rather be reading my new copy of Twilight by Stephanie Meyer. I'm not as addicted as I *can* be to a book, but I'm pretty interested. I'm also pretty excited that there are more after this one, in case I really like it. (Plus, I have 2 more books in the can for after these!)
Back to the topic at hand. The Ellen show. I attended the taping of the show on Tuesday with my friend Amy and her Mother. (It aired on Wednesday) We arrived a bit early, so we had lunch and then headed back to the parking garage at 1240. From 1240 until 400 pm we diligently waited for them to announce it was time to take our seats in the studio. They told us to use the restroom if necessary approximately 15 times. Thinking it would soon be time to go in, we felt betrayed everytime. Finally at 4, I was really feeling a bit desparate and quite a bit disgruntled.
Luckily, once we crossed the street into the studio (I was SO happy to leave the backless bench in the parking garage behind!) , went through the metal detectors and crossed through the RIFF RAFF room (wouldn't you think they'd have the RIFF RAFF sit in the RIFF RAFF room, not the parking garage?) we were homefree. We took our seats and soaked in everything we could.
The studio is a lot smaller than it looks on TV.
Ellen looks a bit older closer up (I say closer b/c I never saw her CLOSE up) than she does on TV.
The pages watch you dance the entire time.
It's FREEZING in the studio.
They sell Ellen bottled water.
It was fun and certainly an experience worth having. I wouldn't do it often, though. I don't have the tolerance, to be sure. It was a nice way to spend a day, and I got the aforementioned books, saw Meg Ryan, Ne Yo and Shia LeBeouf. Really fun.
John and Amy have vacated the premises and so has Andy. J&A are on their way back to Ohio and Andy is in Las Vegas for the weekend. We're packed with soccer games, Aunt visit and birthday party. Something tells me we're going to be very busy and won't miss him *too* much.


0 comments:
Post a Comment