Sunday, October 17, 2010

Friday afternoon is reason enough to celebrate!

Quite frankly, by the time Friday rolls around I'm ready to SING! I'm ready to kick off my shoes and pat myself on another week done well. Okay, I don't really want to pat myself on the back. I really just want to rejoice we've made it through another week happy and healthy, that is really a feat in itself.
This past Friday was no different. We'd practiced, learned, and volunteered all week...we were ready to kick our heels up. So after an Oreo shake we flipped a U-turn and headed to the park. Friday afternoon is reason enough to celebrate!
The big boys decided to do what they usually do, play baseball. They have a favorite plastic bat and numerous wiffle balls that are up to the challenge. The employ ghost runners and their own bat twirling and big hits to make it around the bases.

{wait for it...}

{there it is...}

Harrison and I choose to celebrate in other ways. We kick our heels up and rock...we lean back and ride.

{This was taken prior to the trip to the car for the potty break. The money invested in that portable potty is some of the best money ever spent. However, I will say, keep some Target bags near the potty if you decide to invest in this device. Pee in ziplock bags+trip to trash can=walk of shame. even worse? poo in ziplock bag!}

Anyway. We swang. We chased. We bounced. Then, we broke out the big guns. The most prized possession. The bike!

{We beg and we plead to take this bad boy with us every where we go. and I do mean everywhere. and if we get somewhere that we've laid down the law and said no...then, we see another kid on wheels. watch out, boy.}

So in ode to Fridays, and Friday afternoons in particular...you slay me Friday afternoons. Your cool breeze and your sunny skies promise immeasureable amounts of fun for the coming days. We love you and we look forward to you every.single.week. Hurry back, we anxiously await your return. ♥

0 comments: