Wednesday, October 13, 2010

excuses

I'm full of 'em. I was sick. There's a lot of activities. Soccer consumes my life. I would rather be shopping. And so on and so forth. However, I'm going to make it up to you. Big time.
You know why? Because we went to Iowa! And you know what happens when we go Iowa, don't you? We hop on an airplane (adventure), let our hair down (relax at home) and see and do as much as we can in the time allotted. This trip, my friends, did NOT disappoint. We had 3 days there, roughly 72 hours and we made the very most of those moments.
{the old capitol. the best landmark in the state, if you ask me. might just be because I know it so well. that one building sums up the word home to me}

So, what did we do, you ask? I'm so glad you're interested because I would love to tell you.
After a lazy Saturday moring with ma and papa (we're good at lazy, just ask anyone!) the boys headed north for the IOWA STATE football game. Who did they play?! It so happens that I.HAVE.NO.IDEA. Really. I don't know if they won or lost. I suppose I did at one time.
And, while they rooted for the 'Clones, I shopped. Shopped at central Iowa's best scrapbook stores. I did that very, very well. And, I was victorious!


We were not early to bed nor early to rise but we headed to Iowa City on Sunday all the same. We dined with granny
{the vine yum yum}
wandered downtown iowa city and visited great grandma and grandpa. and, as usual. there wasn't enough time. there never is. we wanted to camp out in prairie lights and enjoy a slice at the airliner. we would have loved to see friends (kelli and missie!) and driven around and around and around. next time. next time.
we drove back to the dsm past barns and cornfields


{taken from a moving car along i-80}
we pulled over along the side to threaten spankings, and walking. and finally, there was blissful silence when all 3 cashed out for a few peaceful moments.


this is right before we decided to make that right turn onto 35 north and head for ames, the mecca of all iowa state...and home to our very favorite, great plains sauce and dough. nosh we did.

there they are crabby and waiting for a piece with thick crust and a cold drink in a take home cup. every.single.time.
monday meant fun and monday also meant home. but not before we played with cousins and tore around ma and papas house. one.last.time.

iowa, our home. we love you and we can't wait to return. you will always be our favorite. ♥

0 comments: