
Our summer has been like an ice cream sundae. (And I warn you in advance, there are a lot of pictures) Not just any old ice cream sundae either. A big, rich banana split would describe it.












































I've dropped the spoon, picked up the bowl and licked it clean savoring each and every bite of this summer and I'm so glad I did. Being momma to these three boys is a job and an adventure, one I embrace and so far, hold onto for dear life.
We've had three scoops of rich, delicious ice cream smothered with toppings, flanked with fresh and firm bananas, topped with fluffy whipped cream and a cherry on top. (Hold the nuts! Ha ha!)
Our summer days together were the ice cream the delicious treat at the base of all that is good they were plentiful, there were fun and they felt like they would never run out. Until today that is. Because unfortunately, our ice cream has run out and our dish is empty. Fortunately, though, we're full to the brim.



















The toppings were the flavor that made our sundae special. The things that made us lick our lips and scrape the bottom of the dish with our spoon an extra time, or two. We relished our choices of flavors and knew each was better than the bite before.


















And last and not even possibly least was the whipped cream and the cherry. Those special events, those captured moments we will forget. The ones that make tomorrow better than today, the ones that made us laugh so hard our sides hurt. The ones that make us happy, oh so happy, to be alive.







I've dropped the spoon, picked up the bowl and licked it clean savoring each and every bite of this summer and I'm so glad I did. Being momma to these three boys is a job and an adventure, one I embrace and so far, hold onto for dear life.


2 comments:
Your joy makes me so happy! I love that you are living each moment with such happiness and passing on that to your beautiful boys.
AMAZING way of putting it!! And the pictures are wonderful! I lived vicariously through your summer! LOL
Post a Comment