Tuesday, June 8, 2010

The dog days of summer

So, summer is here. Kids are home and we're enjoying our days. The kind of days where you wonder what to do to fill the day. The kind of days where parking receipts for the beach and Disneyland litter the dashboard of the car. The kind of days where reapplying sunscreen at the pool is a must.






You know what else? We got a puppy.




Yup, a real live dog. A golden retriever. She's 9 weeks old and her name is Holly Golightly. Holly is fantastic. Holly is cute. Holly is harassed beyond belief. I guess that is what you get when you mix a happy little furball with a 2.5 year old.







For now, we're not doing well with the puppy. We're having trouble getting her to potty outside and eat her food. She wants to chew and she wants to nap. I am hoping wisdom will wash over me . . . I didn't think it sounded likely, either.


1 comments:

Amelia said...

OMG, I must have her and hug her and hold her. She's freaking adorable!!! Those pics of Harrison with her are pure gold :) You will find your balance. It always takes some time. I wanted to take all pets I've ever owned back after about a week with them. It's never like you imagined, but if you give it some time it becomes better than you imagined. It's the same with kids, but I think it happens quicker with kids because you don't have the option of taking them back ;)

Sawyer changed so much this year!!! He looks so much older in his end of year photo and it isn't just the hair. Such a handsome troupe of boys, I can't wait to meet them!!!