Thursday, February 5, 2009

What a day!

So, i was going to write yesterday about the day I had. One of those amazing, so full of joy your chest is bursting type of days. I'm still planning on it, though now I am writing about YESTERDAY, but really...I didn't want to bury the picture. This picture:


Anyway. The day started as they all do...kids yelling (my I key is totally stuck by the way. SOME baby, not naming any names, spilled some COKE all over and around the computer. Hmmm....), baby laughing, me covering my head with my pillow. Instead of surrendering to all of the things I shouldn't do (stay in bed all day and throw the kids to the wolves) I got up and did what I'm trained to do: make breakfast lay out clothes, pack lunches, change diapers, start laundry..you know, super stuff.


We headed out for school, taking Cam at 820 am. Andy called to ask if I'd seen the emails from interested parties for our FOR SALE CAR. (Want it? really cool Camry Hybrid for sale!) He was excited and told me someone wanted to offer us a good price for it. I'm elated.


Then, we pull into the lot, i get a good spot and walk cam to the gate. My heart is full, there is a sprng in my step. Cam and i part ways and look forward to being reunited at the end of the day. Life is good, it's warm and sunny. What else do you want?!


The day went on like that. SEVERAL (4!) interested parties in our car. Super good, smart boys. A happy baby. Gave away a bunch of outgrown clothes to a friiiend. NO cooking tonight becasue it's a fundraiser night at Carl's Jr.


I think one of the things that really pushed me over the edge to elation was this. My photo ledges are 90% complete! WOOHOO!

{the whole thing. i love it}

{top shelf}

{middle shelf}



{bottom and middle shelf}

Or, maybe, just maybe, it's because I have a silly baby who insisted he wear a sweatband. I dunno. What do you think?


{Please ignore the mess around the funny baby. in fact, why don't you pretend that I'm a perfect house keeper and that there are NEVER toys scattered about, littering every square inch of floor in our house. And, that every spot that might have been missed by toys has some sort of food there instead. Sounds good.}

Whatever the case, I suppose it doesn't matter. i'm a lucky girl, one of the luckiest, I bet. And I'm going to keep thanking the universe for all that is good.

2 comments:

Megan said...

Sounds heavenly! Thanks for sharing it with us. And the picture ledges look great - it's all that amazing photography!

Tracy said...

Awww...what a GREAT day! You really have it good! :)

I Love the shelves! Perfect placements, perfect pictures. Love it!