Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Lets hear it for the boy

It's been a really busy last few days for us. Busier than normal, because normal is pretty busy. Anyway, Saturday started bright and early on the single A baseball field at 745 am. It was Campbell's last game -- he did great, as usual!


After the game we walked up the hill to the Major/Minor field for closing ceremonies. It was very long as they had to thank everyone under the sun for their contributions. Overall though, it was nice and the kids all got to choose ice cream from the ice cream truck that drives through the subdivision.




Then, we had to run up to the tee ball field for Sawyer's final game. Sawyer's team (the Rockies) was playing the Diamondbacks. All season long Sawyer listed to Coach Donny and followed all of his directions. He tried his best and gave it what he had. With all of that, he'd still not hit a ball pitched by the coach in quite some time. (he could easily hit it off of the tee) So, as an incentive to try and hit the pitch, I told Sawyer that if he hit a pitched ball I would take him to buy the Indiana Jones toy that he'd seen the day before. (A little bribery never hurt, I think!) First inning, no luck. Second inning, he misses the first pitch and HITS THE SECOND! Everyone was VERY excited for Sawyer -- including Sawyer.


The next inning, Coach Donny throws the first pitch and SAWYER HITS THE BALL!!! I was not expecting this development and I couldn't stop cheering (screaming!) for Sawyer. I was bursting with pride for my little boy. Being the youngest on this team, Sawyer did well. WOOHOO!



(Sawyer is standing in the middle - he's #1)



On Cam's team there was a boy named Charlie. Charlie is in Campbell's class at school. Charlie has a little brother in kinder named Anthony. Anthony and Sawyer became fast friends. Charlie also has 2 older sisters, Audrey (15) and Emma (11). Emma and Harrison became fast friends. Emma held Harrison through pretty much every game and practice together. He's gonna miss spitting up on her!


After our games there were 2 baseball parties to attend. So, from 130-1000 we celebrated joyous baseball seasons and friendships made. Baseball is just one example of why I love our community so.

Then, Sunday morning rolled around and I felt horrible. My first thought was that I was supposed to go out to dinner with friends and to see Sex and the City. I couldn't roll over let alone sit and chat! Finally around 5pm I had to make the long, agonizing decision to cancel. Luckily for me they all decided to wait until this coming weekend to make the outing. At least I'll see the movie before the year 2010!

Harrison was also sick and yesterday the doctor confirmed a double ear infection. At least the fevers should end. Today the same doctor confirmed that Sawyer's 10 day long cold was a sinus infection. And, then I received confirmation to go for the long dreaded skin test to accurately diagnose Sawyer's allergies.

Today was classroom day and I got some great news for Campbell in the fall. Last night was book club (The Last Lecture by Randy Pausch) and tonight is Kindergarten orientation. Oh yea, and there was a brush fire across the freeway from our house. Never a dull moment.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jennie - yay for the boys! Holy smokes, I am exhausted just reading about all that! Hope you all are feeling a bit better today!

Amelia said...

they look so cute, ah I mean handsome, in their little uniforms! Go Rockies! Go Cubbies!