Thursday, June 19, 2008

One Sweet Earth

A couple of weeks ago Andy and I had the pleasure of meeting Andy's friend, Dave's, brother in law and his new wife. While that sounds less than scintilating, let me assure you -- this was truly an experience.

Over a year ago, (in April of 2007, I believe) Brian and Susan embarked on a 14 month adventure around the world. They visited approximately 26 countries in this time period, some for a week and some for a month or more. Initially we were both completely in awe of this idea, cheering them on as they quit their jobs, sold their cars and traveled our vast yet very small, earth.

A couple of weeks ago, they returned to the States and we met them at Dave's 8th grade son's graduation party. I was really eager to talk to them and hear just a snippet of what their travels brought to them. It was fascinating to hear about their favorite part of their trip (Nepal) and the most overrated place they visited (Australia). I was enraptured by their tales and just soaked in all they had to tell.

Needless to say, I personally think that this is an amazing adventure -- and that they are brave and unique folks. Now they are on a month long trip around our great country (with Dave's 8th grade son!) and that is also a great journey, in my opinion.

If you're interested in peeking at their photos or reading a bit about their stops, you can find their blog at http://onesweetearth.com/travel/index.php?option=com_frontpage&Itemid=1

As for us, we're just trying to keep cool. It's been over 100* all week and our pool is getting some real use. (good timing on that one) We're plowing through basketball camp and enjoying seeing our friends. The pool, camp and friends - isn't that what summer is all about?

0 comments: