You know, it can't always be rainbows and lollipops, right? There have to be some bad times sprinkled in too.
While I'm usually out there scoping out the sunshine and writing notes of what I'm thankful for on scraps of paper - days creep up that don't look so good. Sometimes, those days turn into the better part of a week.
I'm here to say, that I fully think it's okay. And, even better than that, it helps me embrace the good. The life, the blue skies and the laughter...oh yes, the laughter.
Last week I was having a string of craptastic days. The ones where all I want to do is grumble under my breath and call people names. The ones where I feel like all I do all day long is scream and I finally breathe a sigh of relief when the boys are in bed. There were so many contributing factors to my string of LOOONG days, but the biggest ones? 4 people under the age of 10 who lives in this house.
{Campbell enjoys dawdling while doing homework, arguing, antagonizing his brothers and whining}

{Sawyer whines. And whines. And complains.}

{Oh harrison. What DON'T you do? You say bad words. SO many times you say hate, poopy and all kinds of other insults. You make more messes, you get more things out, you NEVER listen. }

{Holly Golightly, you chew. Inappropriate things. Loveys and handlebars to scooters. You run around and run away. You refuse to go to bed. All kinds of puppy things}
Seriously look at those cute faces though and tell me this could go on for more than a day or two? Right, I didn't think so. Because at the end of a few days of torment and figurative grey skies there are rainbows and rejoicing. All because of this life we get to live together. I will try and make the most of what I've got to work with, most of the time!
1 comments:
<#3
Great post. I feel the same way most days, but I don't have the wonderful and beautiful excuses you do. :)
Post a Comment