So, today I'm feeling particularly bad about the bad haircut both boys received yesterday. Cam's sideburns look horrible and the back of Sawyer's hair is ridiculous. Seriously. Their hair was long before I asked for a TRIM and now it's short.
They didn't want to go to school today because it looks so bad. So, before baseball (and the Storm game tonight) I will take them for a fix. I hope.
But, in happier times, we had Sawyer's 7th birthday party and it was FUN.
Yes, capital letters fun. It was an old fashioned HOME party. I heard your gasps and saw your jaws drop. We had pin the tail on the donkey, musical chairs, a home made cake and more. Really, it made us all laugh, scurry around and remark on the fun after it was long over. These are the things we're all going to remember someday.

{yes I made the baby wear a blindfold (scarf!) and I even spun him around!}
{he's jubiliant and having the time of his life. not to mention he appears to be the donkey in this picture. never fear, we actually had a poster of a donkey, we didn't make Sawyer do the job!}
They didn't want to go to school today because it looks so bad. So, before baseball (and the Storm game tonight) I will take them for a fix. I hope.
But, in happier times, we had Sawyer's 7th birthday party and it was FUN.
Yes, capital letters fun. It was an old fashioned HOME party. I heard your gasps and saw your jaws drop. We had pin the tail on the donkey, musical chairs, a home made cake and more. Really, it made us all laugh, scurry around and remark on the fun after it was long over. These are the things we're all going to remember someday.

{yes I made the baby wear a blindfold (scarf!) and I even spun him around!}
{he's jubiliant and having the time of his life. not to mention he appears to be the donkey in this picture. never fear, we actually had a poster of a donkey, we didn't make Sawyer do the job!}
{musical chairs. if you haven't played in years, I recommend giving it a go. seriously this was exciting and really fun. plus, I got to play a Beatles cd. the kids were laughing and the adults were on edge. or maybe that was just me!}
{the group. i couldn't have asked for a better bunch of kids to celebrate with. it was like they had always known each other and were all good friends. this is truly what childhood is about, i do think}
{one of sawyer's 2 cakes that were exactly as he asked for them to be. they said "sawyer 7". that's it. and he loved it}
{during some of the festitivies there were some tears. a few girls weren't into the pinata or the musical chairs. but the balloon toss and the resulting water balloon fight were fun for all. i had to keep trying to find a place to hide with my camera!}
{even the adults were totally blissed out. it was really great fun!}

{no special significance. I just thought Sawyer's friend looked very cute}
After the party was over and there were still crumbs on the floor and trash in piles on the table, we remarked on the fun that was had. And Sawyer exclaimed "THAT is why I wanted a home party"! He's a fun guy...


1 comments:
Love it... those are the best kind of parties and he looks soo happy!!!
Post a Comment